I have my TV setup in place and I watch TV every day.
Are there things I can do that
will dramatically enrich
my enjoyment of watching TV?
Enjoy My TV
Here are (6) elements to enrich my TV enjoyment. And I can do just one at a time.
1. 5.1 Surround Sound - the acoustics makes me feel like I am in the middle of the action, while greater sound clarity dramatically increases my experience. I am missing half the overall experience without 5.1 surround sound.
2. Location of My Speakers - placing my speakers in the right locations dramatically increases my experience.
to visually be
in the scene
3. Right Size TV - to gain a theater-like experience in my media room, I need to make sure my TV size and/or my viewing distance are properly matched up.
4. Location of My TV Set - to gain a theater-like experience in my media room, I need to make sure:
what 2 watch next
5. Watchlist - a cross-app watchlist tracks the different shows I am currently watching & ones I want to binge next. It does this tracking across most streaming apps I am using.
And if I have cable/sat STB/DVR, I need to switch to a 'Live TV' app so I can access my binge watchlist & my DVR watchlist on one device. There is also an ad-free DVR recording option.
& 1 Remote
even more fun
a. App Access to My Photos & Videos - most of my current photos & videos are in a vendor's cloud. I can use a media app on my Smart Device to access that content. And I can digitize the rest of my photos & videos several ways.
b. App Access to My Music - there are now several sources of access your music without resorting to digitizing your existing music. I am probably using one on my Smartphone, just need to use the same app on my Smart Device.
c. App Access to My DVD/Blu-ray Media - there is a way to have either Vudu or iTunes match my existing collection of DVD/Blu-ray media, charging a a couple of dollars for each match up, thus gaining digital versions.